Tuesday 1 September 2009

Tuesday's Recommendation is...

Never doubt on the delivery of a statement. If any of you thought I might have slightly overstated the amount of stuff I had to share well here goes day 2 of the "lots to say" post.

I'll start by prefixing this with a note that this isn't quite the order I expected to blog in (sorry Idan, the review will be here shortly), but as I currently feel rather under the weather you're getting the quickest post I have tonight before I crawl to bed.

So the other night I was chatting to a very sweet friend of mine. We were chatting music and had been for about 2 hours when I introduced the name of Jonathan Clay who I wrote about some weeks ago. So I wanted to fire over his myspace page but checked the URL first in my browser. I then in my own researching/nosey way looked at his top friends and found a name that stuck out, the name of the band being "The Matt White Band" - (because I know someone with that name...and no it's not his band).

So being curious I clicked over to their myspace page and hit the play button on their music player and was suitably impressed. The first track on the player is a song called "Makes Me Happy" which I can only explain as Jay Nash meets Jason Mraz, least that was the first two names that come to mind. I listened to the other songs on the player and was still liking what I heard so next port of call was iTunes and the album is now added to my wishlist...which isn't an iTunes one, it's on a piece of paper.

So my recommendation is to go check them out asap. I think you'll like them. My second recommendation is to ALWAYS check out the friends of an artist you find and like as the majority of times you'll find someone else that you'll like and have never heard of amongst that list.

By my standards...an early nite nite to you all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment