Thursday 10 September 2009

TFDI on the recommendations...

As I hadn't blogged for a couple of days I thought I'd pop on over and post a musical and visual recommendation...both of which are brilliantly interlinked and then to finish off a really nice little story.

One of my favourite musicians Jay Nash is currently touring the US with Tony Lucca and Matt Duke as part of the "Evening of the Feeling" tour...which Jay has renamed the TFDI tour...the acronym TFDI will catch on in a big, big way.

They're posting video diaries which are extremely funny and you can see the first one here (which will explain what TFDI stands for), I think they've posted 5 or 6 as of now, you'll be greatly amused even if you don't know the artists that well or at all.

I'd not heard of the two guys Jay is touring with but Tony Lucca and Matt Duke are both incredible talents and I'm very much liking both of their sounds. I have a feeling iTunes might soon get another beat down. You should go and check out their myspace pages.

Now for that nice little story...

When I started blogging, I had this intention of spreading the word of good music round the world, recording my random thoughts in the hope someone might find it, read it and hopefully it would serve as a medium for helping some amazing artists get a bit of free publicity, selling some more albums and helping them fulfil their dreams.

Yesterday I received a really nice email out of the blue from an artist I saw play about a month ago who'd been sent a link to my review of the gig by a friend that'd come across it by searching Google...on reflection that's perhaps poor English but you get the jist...

I must confess I was quite taken aback. I never factored in "the artist" into this whole blogging vision per se but, it just goes to show that the internet has made the world an ever shrinking place and that's really truly amazing.

So for the benefit of those of you who have only recently come across my ramblings and missed some of my older posts, I am going to give this particular artist another mention, right now, just because I can... Her name is Thea Ford and you should all go and check out her myspace page. Thea has some gigs coming up in London on the following dates, get out and support her:-

Tuesday 22nd September - The Road Trip, Shoreditch
Tuesday 6th October - The Road Trip, Shoreditch
Wednesday 21st October - Belushi's, Covent Garden

Enjoy :-)

Peace xx

No comments:

Post a Comment