Saturday 5 September 2009

Random and amusing...

It's a slightly off subject offering today but something of personal amusement so indulge me. You know how something often reminds you of something else, possibly not musically it could be a place, person, anything really? Well a piece of music has been bugging me for about a week and I couldn't place why, until today.

The piece of music I refer to is a short Sax solo from Roy "Hamudi" Rabinovici in Roy Rieck and the Medley Band's song Pick Up The Phone (04:52 to 05:48) and it had bugged me for ages why it reminded me of something. Then it struck me today whilst I was driving...The Pink Panther and I do mean the Peter Sellers films which I still absolutely adore!!

So I had to figure out how close my random thought was to being reality...so by the powers of Youtube, iTunes and Video Capture, I produced something to test my theory and you know...it works in a big big way.

Not only has it amused me greatly but I am officially starting the campaign for Roy Rieck and The Medley Band to be appointed as THE band for any further Pink Panther movies, although to be honest any films will be worthless because the brilliant Peter Sellers made them outrageously brilliant and no one will ever surpass that but that is a whole different subject.

Enjoy my sillyness!!!

By the way, if you want to see the real opening, click here to view it on YouTube.

No comments:

Post a Comment