Thursday 8 October 2009

This week in reverse...so Thea Ford first!

Now I've come down a little bit of the excitable high of yesterday, I'm ready to blog once more and hopefully put some more calm thoughts down, but as I sit here I don't know where to start, at the beginning seems logical but I'm not always a logical guy so I'm going to start by blogging the week's music in reverse.

So here we go...

Tuesday night I went to the Road Trip to see Thea Ford. About six or seven weeks ago I saw Thea play a gig just round the corner from the Road Trip (at Bar Music Hall) having not expected to see music, so I had no camera. Bar Music Hall was a good place to drink but not to listen to music. So without camera I blogged about that night and moved on, forgot all about it, until out of the blue some weeks later Thea got in touch having found and read my blog. I was quite honoured and humbled really and promised I'd see Thea play again and bring the camera...and on Tuesday night, I followed through on that promise.

The gig was really good and Thea played a great acoustic set which personally I think showed off her voice brilliantly. In there were five of her own songs including You Got Me, 22, So Long and a cover of the Cranberries song Zombie which worked really well at both being identifiable yet fresh which is always the key to a good cover (in my opinion).

Thea also announced towards the end of the set that she'll hopefully be releasing the song Cat & Mouse as a free digital download single next week, which will mean you can all enjoy a bit of Thea's music for free although that shouldn't discourage you from going out to see her and buy her album (Monkey To The West).

I've added videos of the entire set onto YouTube so if you check out my channel you'll see what Thea's all about, go check out her MySpace page too, and show her some love!

Time to go and add some more videos on YouTube from Tuesday night...stay tuned folks, I'll be back with more pretty soon :-)

Bye for now x

No comments:

Post a Comment