Thursday 1 October 2009

Reporting from the field...

Ahhhhh the sweet smell (no wait that's impossible)...sound of live music. Man I've missed it so much. I actually didn't realise quite how much. The other night I popped over to the brilliant Monkey Chews for an open mic night and wasn't disappointed.

There were a few acts that were kind of indifferent, ok but not memorable and then there were three that stood out above the rest.

The first two were guys playing solo sets but part of bands "Bronze Medalists" and "Tourist". Now I think myself a good judge of music...to the point my senses are so refined I can tell the talent of a musician 85% of the time without hearing them play...I was proved right with both of these two although I wished I'd got a video of the first song sung by the guy from Bronze Medalists because it was just awesome. I followed instinct with Adam from Tourist and was proven right hence why I captured two videos.

Why only two you ask. Well that's all each act got, which I guess was the only disappointment of the night.

Finally there was a two-piece band, a guy with a keyboard and one with a bass guitar who played two songs when we weren't in view. I have not a clue what their name was BUT they too were absolutely awesome and I regret not being able to share who they are/were at this current time...but I will endeavour to find out and report back.

So in the meantime check out the new videos in the side bar and let me know if you like.

See ya! x

No comments:

Post a Comment