Tuesday 13 October 2009

Blogged out...

A few weeks ago, I sat down to do a bit of a research project and write a blog based on my findings. Since then I've been so pre-occupied with new music that I just haven't got round to doing that research or to even thinking about how to write that post.

So unless something outrageously amazing hits me in the next few days, I'm going "under the radar" and I'm likely to be very quiet. But hopefully by the time I come back, I'll have something fascinating for you to read and hopefully it'll provide you with some insight into something that, at the moment I know very little about.

But before I go AWOL, actually MIA is a better term...here's a cheeky little Tuesday recommendation...and it comes in the form of two videos...oh yeah I've now worked out how to embed youtube in here!!!

Today, my friend and all round musical hero the mighty Greg Holden posted Part 23 of the Not My Living Room series and it's a brand new song written and performed with the great Joey Ryan. The song doesn't have a name yet but I've suggested "Don't Come Looking" and in the absence of a name, I'm using that...




It's awesome, it's a new side to Greg's music and one I truly love. Send him comments, let him know how good it is!

Right then, second recommendation tonight comes courtesy of a beautiful little ray of sunshine in Sweden (yes Kamila...I mean you). When I was a LOT younger, I grew up being swept away by British band The Verve. Back in the mid 90's these guys got huge overnight and some of their songs still rip the hairs off the back of my neck. It was a shame they never stayed together longer and now they're back together they just aren't quite as good as they once were...harsh maybe but it's just an opinion.

Anyways, this song, arguably their most famous "The Drugs Don't Work" is being sung by Terra Naomi. I have no idea YET as to who she is...but a stunningly beautiful woman and an amazingly emotive version of this song. I defy you to not sit silent in amazement for 5 minutes and to not be moved, if you're not, you're emotionally stunted...end of!



Right then, this is me potentially for a few days, signing off, so unless any of you can tempt me to listen to something mindblowing I'm going off to do some research and will report back from the field in due course.

Stay safe people xx

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the great recommendations ray of sunshine in the UK!!! Have an amazing night!
    kam x

    ReplyDelete