Monday 17 August 2009

Wow...just wow!

It's odd. A couple of months ago, I started blogging, I have no idea why, I guess I just wanted to put down somewhere my thoughts and feelings about music to go along with my videos on youtube.

I checked the hit counter today and it's gone over the 200 mark today and shot up in the past week which is really awesome. I haven't yet worked out if it's the same 1 person other than me viewing the blog over and over or if it's lots of you but a big thanks for stopping by and reading whatever you've found...rest assured, I have loads more to say. Also thanks to Roy Rieck who I know published a link to my blog on his MySpace site.

I think I started two months ago by moaning about the lack of synchronisation between Itunes stores around the world...two months on, I'm moaning still. I just want Jay Nash's EP, is it so hard for you people to stick it on the store? Just get this into some perspective Itunes people whoever you might be and the music industry as a whole, you don't want people to illegally download music, well make it available so people can pay for it when they want it. I want to pay for this EP, give me the means to do it will you please?!?!?!

Right onto the next bit of news, the last post I said that the Strange Folks / Roy Rieck and the Medley Band were heading back to Israel to support a band "something river", having forgotten what the "something" was....I can now confirm it's Okkervil River. I still haven't a clue who they are but I will add it to my homework list.

And finally...(for those of you in the UK, I feel very Trevor MacDonald like right now and for those of you who haven't a clue, this will explain - just the first 4 seconds!)

Well through the power of the internet, (which I believe we take for granted) I have found many things and through those things I have found people around the world who share in the things I enjoy and consequently made friends with these people. One is a very recent friend who I sort of met without ever saying hi to, but who shares some of the same musical tastes as me and is also a big fan of the mighty Greg Holden. Her name is Kamila and well, this evening I found a cover version of hers of Greg's song Bar On A. You have to see it, she has such a sweet and beautiful voice.

Right, it's getting very, very late, you've had a mixed post tonight...a moan, a recommendation and I've cleared up a few minor details and found myself some more homework to do.

Thanks again for stopping by and feel free to drop me a message on here, youtube or whatever.

Night all xx

No comments:

Post a Comment