Sunday 23 August 2009

Worshipping the Sun...

Well what do you know? Today has been the most beautiful day here in London. I actually can't put in to words just how amazing it's been. Not the hottest day of the year but honestly the most beautiful by some considerable distance. It's been really warm but with a nice breeze and not a cloud in the sky and there was a really great urban sunset too, you know sun disappearing behind buildings and that odd way that light bends itself round things and can make even the dullest objects just look totally amazing...just stunning, a day I will remember for a while.

So I was in the car driving home and wanted to put on musically something sun related, just cos I was in awe of what the big ole star can do for us. I had a quick scan through my iPod and had this idea that wouldn't it be cool if you could do a search based on lyrics in songs or song titles and build a playlist based on that??... someone somewhere will now steal my idea and become insanely rich, so it's my idea and you owe me big time!!! anyways I found more songs than I realised with the Sun in the title.

So here's a few Sun titled songs you may not have heard of which you can have a look at/listen to and well they're not necessarily happy songs, in fact they're probably all right downers but hey the sun is why we're all here scientifically speaking, it's a huge source of inspiration...so let's give those constant raging gases, heat and light a bit of worship for making life possible and well, delivering us sweet, sweet crazy summers days that just take that little bit of breathe away from us all...

Brendan James - The Sun Will Rise
Cary Brothers - Bottled The Sun
Kid Lightning (Dave Gibbs) - Sunshine and Cinammon
Gin Blossoms - California Sun
Hafdis Huld - Who Loves The Sun
Howie Day - Standing In The Sun
REM - Around The Sun
Tonic - Sunflower
Toploader - Following The Sun
Vertical Horizon - Sunshine

I wonder how many songs on iTunes have the word Sun in it...hmmm too many I reckon and something I shouldn't worry my mind with at the time...

Nite all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment