Tuesday 25 August 2009

doing something really cool...

Ok this is a slightly self-induglent post tonight, so I'm aplogising in advance but I wanted to share this with the world. Right now and inspired and helped by someone probably fast asleep right now in Scandinavia, I am writing and singing my first song. Ok well it's sort of my song, well least it will be by the time I've finished.

Let me explain the lyrics, well least the originals actually belong to a global musician, a very famous one at that. They are lyrics to a song never published by the musician but yet I have them and they are hand written and can be authenticated by anyone anywhere in the world. So these lyrics, well they needed a bit of work, god alone knows why I felt qualified to do this but anyways I've started sketching out some re-drafts, working on a chorus, chopping down a verse and adding some chords to go with it and when I nail a chorus and a middle bridge well...it might just get played to that certain someone in Scandinavia who has already had a first sight of it.

It's so cool and well, I just don't want to share with the world who the artist is, because it's kinda special to me and well I'll probably get a billion questions and non-believers, but trust me folks...when you see and maybe hear the song...if I get the balls to ever youtube it, you might realise who the lyrics might belong to.

Oh and as an aside, today I started listening to Idan Rabinovici's solo album Bedroom Folk which on first pass I can recommend wholeheartedly. I want to have another scan or two at it but you'll get an in depth review shortly.

Back to the guitar...

Nite xx

No comments:

Post a Comment