Thursday 13 August 2009

Never leave home without...

I have a confession to make. Last night I made a bit of a fuck up, I let people down, I maybe even failed the world...I went out and left the camera at home. To be fair, I didn't go out with the intention of seeing any music, it was supposedly a drinking night and it just so happened that three of us ended up in the Bar Music Hall in Shoreditch and they had several live acts.

So what I'm trying to say is, there was music, I didn't video it so I can't accurately share with you through the power of youtube what I saw, so you'll have to do some more of the work this time...sorry!!

First up was a girly called Thea Ford who sort of reminded me a bit of Sheryl Crow meets Avril Lavigne meets Alanis Morrisette with perhaps even a bit of Shakira thrown in. She played with a largeish ensemble of guitars, keyboards, drums and two backing singers. A nice set if a little dampened by an over aggressive bass through the sound system. Anyways all of this comes to you from the memory banks and the little flyer sitting next to me. She has an album coming out very soon called "Monkey to the West" which she's launching at the Bush Hall in Shepherds Bush on 21st August. Check her out, she's not bad at all.

Then we saw a band called goodtimes goodtimes who had a nice sound and some outstanding guitars, 3 maybe 4 of them. I can't really say much about them apart from they put together a nice set, sort of reminded me in places musically of, dare I say, Coldplay (who I loathe) mixed with Toploader meets the influences of the Beatles, Bob Dylan, blah blah blah blah I'm name dropping bands now. So anyways, they were good too.

There were a couple more acts but couldnt tell you who or what as we moved on to another place shortly after, but damn am I sorry I didn't take the camera with.

Anyways excitingly tonight I'm off to see Strange Folks play the Hope and Anchor in Angel, now the camera will be in tow...fact!

Wherever you are, have a good day :-)

Peace x

No comments:

Post a Comment