Thursday 19 November 2009

The Free Chronicles

Some months ago, in fact the night I first became happily embroiled in the mystical musical world of The Collective (Stange Folks & Roy Rieck and The Medley Band) one other act at Monkey Chews caught my attention who I've been desperate to blog about again and to see in it's full glorious form...Paul Cook and The Chronicles.



Paul told me some months ago that "The Chronicles" part of the band wasn't quite formed and as such the gigs, albums, etc were a short while away. So as a nice little memory jogger, someone subscribed to my youtube channel yesterday and added the videos of Paul to their favourites on youtube.

That sparked me tonight to go and see what Paul's up to and there's quite some update. It appears "The Chronicles" part of the band is now formed, there's an upcoming gig at The Lexington in Islington on 7th December and Paul has recently released 24 tracks called "Home Recordings" for FREE on Last.FM. It actually equates to just under 76 minutes of music...for absolutely nothing.



There's some great tracks in there, although I can't tell you much more than that because at 24 tracks and having only ever heard 6 there is a stack of great new music for me to listen to and pass judgement on.

Go check Paul out, tell him how great he is and if you're in London, go see him on December 7th.

See ya soon folks xx

No comments:

Post a Comment