Saturday 7 November 2009

Breaking the silence...

So having gone quiet and having to apologise for going AWOL I find myself having to do the same again having been MIA for the past week. Truth be told I've been busy but also feeling musically rather "constipated". I haven't had a lot of time to go search for new music and I haven't found anything that's made me go wow, apart from the stacks of amazing music on my iPod.

But I found something worth sharing at last!

On a random myspace scan I came across the interesting Speechwriters LLC. Stupidly I didn't write down the path by which I got there and now I don't remember even using the back buttons in the browser doesn't help. Anyways here's a brief background ripped right from their myspace page...

Speechwriters LLC was initially conceived as a cautious alliance between West Coast songwriters Dave Lowensohn and Misha Chellam, who quickly became inseparable and have spent most of the 21st century touring the country in borrowed minivans. They've won countless, meaningless awards, and once loaned Jay Farrar their amp.

Musically they remind me of a cross between Blind Pilot and Semisonic, and a quick search has just shown that they've got 4 albums including a recently uploaded 6 track demo from their album Indifferent Cities.



You can, like me, download Regional Variations here and you can find out some more about the guys and their music here.

I'm heading off to go and do some more research right about now!

See ya x

No comments:

Post a Comment