Thursday 23 July 2009

Something exciting and new...

I haven't blogged for about a week, mainly cos I just felt I had nothing exciting to want to say to the world and then well then that all changed about two days ago when I made no no that's not true, I researched something which appeared to be of potential interest.

So right across America this Summer there's a tour going down. Labelled at "The Saturday Night Rebel Rockers" playing the "Traveling (should be a second L in that word but that's Ameriglish for you) Circus and Medicine Show". Sounds like some sort of a freak show but features my absolute favourite band Counting Crows (have I mentioned that I like them before - haha) and an up until the other day unknown-t0-me band called Augustana.

So now I know who Augustana are in a very BIG way. My Ipod is for the first time in what seems an eternity playing something fresh and brilliant. I'm smitten at the moment with their album "All the Stars and Boulevards" and there are some beautiful, deep, angst ridden, heart wrenching tracks on there as well as a some great ballads and some fresh and challenging music and well that's all I want to say about the matter really. Apart from you absolutely must go and check them out at all costs, without fail and if you don't well you're just a complete mentalist or a bit of a retard really. I can't yet comment on their most recent album because my Ipod won't allow me to play anything else just yet apart from at peripheral scan level but it too sounds great.

No comments:

Post a Comment