Tuesday 14 July 2009

If you've got nothing to say...

Find something. In fact I just stated I hadn't blogged for a few days and got ribbed for not having something to say. So I was challenged to come up with something and well I don't do contrived well so...this could be the world's worst blog entry ever, well I can think of one or two more worthy of that title but it could be a car crash.

The last few days I've had my Ipod on shuffle mode which actually means it just plays good music all the time without me thinking about what I want to listen to, which makes the choice somewhat easier. Randomly it brought up a bit of Tennessee's finest, Will Hoge.

I hadn't listened to any of Will's stuff for a while and had forgotten just how much I loved some of his music, particularly his albums Blackbird On a Lonely Wire and Draw The Curtains. Will plays what I call real old fashioned traditional at times big band rock and roll with a hint of bluesy.

Anyways about a year ago, Will was in the process of recording a new album when he had a road accident on the way back from the studio which left him in a bad way...broken ribs, sternum, leg, knee cap, shoulder blades. He's been slowly recovering and has been out on the road again and it reminded me that his new album can't be far off so it's time to get re-familiarised with Will.

Go check him out, he's a great live performer and his music is very cool.

There, a half drunk, late night, I've got nothing to say recommendation. That's all you're getting for now, hopefully it was succinct enough. Goodnight world xx

No comments:

Post a Comment