Tuesday 31 May 2011

I Don't Believe You....need to read this to buy it!

Greg Holden....new album....immense....go buy it online NOW!

No really, I don't even need to say much here!

OK still not convinced?!? well then you're just being a bit slow on the uptake so here's a brief summary about the album.

It's an album part funded by a kickstarter campaign Greg ran last year which raised him $30,001 (some $10,001 more than he hoped to get). In total over 300 fans, friends and family members (including me) pledged money to help make this album a reality and to enable Greg to work with the team he wanted including the incredible Tony Berg (who produced the album).



This 10 song affair is one of utter brilliance mixing well crafted songs with sensationally catchy music and innovative mixes. It's the fact that it sounds so much bigger, bolder and experimental than any previous Greg Holden that makes it almost unrecognisable...apart from the fact that it is Greg's unmistakable voice booming out across the record.

There's some truly remarkable tracks. From a song writing perspective, The American Dream (which makes me think Johnny Cash a little for some reason) and Following Footsteps stand out a mile and from a musical perspective, Coney Island is just incredible (with the most mindblowing solo from Jessica Hoop).

I'm quite sure this album will prove a massive success for Greg and if he chooses to release To Hell and Back as a single, then it might just send him stellar such is the brilliance of the song and its suitability for radio play.

The one thing I hope this album isn't remember as is "that one with Bar On A on it". This album is so much more than that one song which truth be told, even I'm sick to the back teeth of hearing and playing (on my guitar)...and I mean it in the nicest possible way.

In my opinion, it's undoubtedly one of THE albums of the year and I'd strongly suggest you go and buy it rather than do something naughty because remember folks, supporting independent musicians is vital and them records you love...well the money for them it don't grow on trees!

Go buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment