Monday 7 February 2011

Attracting Attention

Hello and welcome to my rapidly declining non-updated blog updates.

No excuses, no idle chit-chat on with what we're all here for...it's music review time...cue the band!

Ok so about a year ago I unearthed a little known Irish Singer/Songwriter kicking around the London music scene by absolute chance. Over the course of the year I've seen this man perform a few times and now he's all systems go, go, go or so it seems and has a brand new EP out too called Attracting Attention, I am of course talking about Patrick Plunkett.



The new EP is a collection of 4 tracks kicking off with Hooked On Desire, a track you'd have got for free if you signed up to his mailing list (yes FREE!). It's a really nice start although I have to say I still kind of prefer the original recorded version of it.

Then however we hit the ground running with the very cool title track, Attracting Attention. It's just supremely produced; ever so, ever so slightly quicker in terms of playing speed than I recalled it being and possesses a mindblowingly good guitar solo in the middle of the song from Patrick's lead guitarist Ronan McCullough. It's seriously, seriously good!

Next up we hit Millionaire, a track which until I heard it recorded I was really impartial to but it really does work and the arrangement works well. The final track "Come Home Tonight" is a slow, very laid back rock ballad which again works amazingly well with Patrick's rounded and well polished vocals.

All in all it's a very strong release, not as daring as he might have been tempted to take it, not mindblowingly incredible but a really big stride forward from New Beginnings and another mighty fine and strong release.

The bonus for all you music lovers out there though is that unlike New Beginnings, this new EP is available seemingly everywhere. I got mine through iTunes but I've found it on CDBaby and Amazon as well.



I'd strongly suggest you grab a copy, you'll not be disappointed...trust me!

Be good peoples x

No comments:

Post a Comment