Thursday 21 January 2010

Are You Calling Me...

January's flying by isn't it? Whoosh what was that? That's another month gone, can I do it again? Err no!

Still every day brings more and more hope and this month, more great music. For the first time in months I feel I'm ready for an intake of new music. But of course being in that position has issues, my iPod is running low on space and there's only so much music that can be compressed down to 128/44. On Saturday I finally plucked up the courage to install the iPod Touch 3.0 O/S released last year which I rebelled against because I felt it would compromise what little space I had left on the little box of magic, after 30 minutes and several reboots it somehow cleared nearly 300mb leaving me ridiculously happy. So I went on an iTunes shopping spree to celebrate.

A few nights previously the fantastic Daniela Bove (who I met at a Strange Folks gig back in August last year) and a friend of mine posted up a video link on Facebook to a guy called Charlie Winston (the brother of musician Tom Baxter), I took a gamble (as I did with a certain Omer Leshem many months ago) and was totally blown away. It's a video of Charlie filmed by some random on a street in Paris at 5am singing the seriously haunting and beautiful Calling Me.



When it finished I went in search of more music and was a tad disappointed with a mix of songs on MySpace which whilst being clever felt a bit complicated and not really what I was hoping for. But still being curious I decided to push on a couple of nights later having decided to buy Calling Me if nothing else. So I had a look and listen on iTunes and found quite a few songs I really liked. So I downloaded a fair few songs and now I can't stop playing them...

So do yourself a favour, head over to the iTunes store, go check him out...you'll not be sorry :-)

Nite nite x

No comments:

Post a Comment