Thursday 31 December 2009

Rounding out the year...

So I guess this is it, the final day of what has been a really good year.

Since November my blog posts have been sporadic and few and far between, each time me promising that I'm going to get back to sitting down and writing more regularly and each time me failing to deliver on it.

So let me explain publicly for the first time why I've been so quiet. There's 2 reasons really, the first being that my mind has simply been overloaded with amazing music this year that it could not cope with more being added in so hence there was not much to review and secondly and rather more importantly I've been working on a little side project. I can't yet say too much but what I will say is that next year I will be making my first foray into the music industry. The project has a tentative launch date in March 2010 and by this time next year it could be either a success or a dramatic failure but either way it will be a life enriching experience and one I'm pretty excited although cautiously optimistic about.

But before I close the year off I want to add some thank you's to some people whose music has dramatically enhanced my collection this year. So here goes:-

Kevin Montgomery
Ragz Nordset
Francesco Cinelli (Goodtimes Goodtimes)
Thomas J Speight
Paul Cook (...and the Chronicles)
Foy Vance

And an ultra special thanks to three musical acts who I truly believe are set for greatness next year (and who have provided me with the most amazing music, warmth and friendship)...

Greg Holden
Omer Leshem
Strange Folks / Roy Rieck and the Medley Band - Idan Rabinovici, Roy Rieck, Roy "Hamudi" Rabinovici, Emmanuel Slonim, Nadav Luzia, Daniel Shoham and Joseph E-Shine

I'd also like to thank each and every one of you who have stopped by and read my musings on music, those of you who have viewed my many videos on youtube, dropped me an email, followed me on twitter, etc.

Lastly to play us out (I've always wanted to say that)...here's some recommendations of people I'm monitoring closely with an eye to early 2010 purchases...

Daniel Kamas
City and Colour
Jon T
Matt Saxton
Luka Bloom
Massy Ferguson

Happy New Year, here's hoping 2010 is an amazing year for us all xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment